Did you know there is a better way of reusing kitchen scraps, cardboards, junk mails, and other organic waste? Well, vermicomposting or worm composting does that. It involves the use of red wigglers, worms that do a good job of degrading waste into compost. The compost can be used as organic fertilizer on your garden or indoor flowers and plants. These red worms can actually be kept either indoors or outdoors. To do this you need a good quality worm composter such as the Worm Factory DS5TT 5-Tray Worm Composting Bin. This is an ingeniously built composter that benefits those who have huge spaces as well as those who reside in apartments or balconies where space is limited.
Worm Factory DS5TT 5-Tray Worm Composting Bin Features and Benefits
- The unit is a 5-tray composter that can be expanded for up to 7 trays. It is the best starter unit that can be expanded as the needs of the user increase.
- It weighs 15 pounds and has a dimension of 16.8×16.3×16.3 inches. Full trays weigh 12.5 pounds and thus it is easy to arrange the trays.
- It is a well- designed and odourless worm composter giving homeowners a year-round worm composting either indoors or outdoors.
- The unit comes with freebies including; a guide that can be attached on the refrigerator on what red wigglers eat and what they dislike. The 6×9 inch magnet splits has categorized the worm’s food items into three; foods to avoid, perfect foods for the worms, and foods required in moderation.
- Included in the package also is a 38-page guide on proper management of the worm bin.
- Has an in-built collector tray for accumulating the “worm tea” and spigot for draining the nutrient-rich liquid.
- Available in terracotta color.
Worm Factory DS5TT Pros and Cons
- It is stackable. Best for small spaces.
- Easy to setup and operate.
- Facilitates easy harvesting of compost. The worms automatically move away from ready compost.
- Requires the least maintenance, only 15 minutes weekly is needed for monitoring the wormery.
- Expandable for up to 7 trays.
- Highly efficient composter. Fast compost turn-around.
- Produces leachate, a nutrient-rich liquid fertilizer.
- Has a compact design. Perhaps, it is the smallest composter in the market.
- Has a large capacity thanks to the tray’s stacking system.
- Comes with user guide on both DVD and manual form.
- Odourless hence no worries for waste.
- Light weight. A full tray weighs only 12.5 pounds. It is therefore easy to arrange trays.
- Must be sheltered if used outdoors.
- It needs a better lid.
A Final Word on Worm Factory DS5TT 5-Tray Worm Composting Bin
The Worm Factory DS5TT 5-Tray Worm Composting Bin is a sturdy and spacious unit designed for both indoor and outdoor uses. It is a stackable unit with a capacity of 5 trays that can be expanded for up to 7 trays. Trays have been arranged in such a way that the red wigglers automatically migrate to the next tray once they are done with the one underneath. It is one of those composters designed to suit well even small spaces. You cannot go wrong with this one.Buy Worm Factory DS5TT 5-Tray Worm Composting Bin